1. UCO Health issues septic system permits for households that are not served by public sewer. These households usually depend on septic systems to treat and dispose of wastewater.

    UCO Health is also responsible for conducting inspections on these systems to ensure that they are installed properly to provide adequate treatment and prevent sewage exposure to the public.

    A septic system is the most common method of sewage treatment for homes and businesses that are not connected to an area wide sewage system. In its basic form, a septic system consists of a septic tank, where solids settle and decompose, and a drainfield where liquid discharged from the tank is treated by bacteria in the soil. More information can be found at Oregon Septic Smart.
  2. Site Evaluation Packet Site evaluation packet is used for the determination of site suitability for a new on-site septic system.
  3. Construction Permit Packet
  4. Repair & Alteration Permit Packet
  5. Authorization Notice & Existing System Report Packet


  1. Each person or organization that wishes to sell or give out food to the general public during a special event is required by Oregon law to obtain a temporary restaurant license. Every food booth must apply for a separate license for every event where food is served.

This applies to any establishment operating temporarily in connection with any event where food is prepared or served to the public. Examples are:
Farmers markets
Flea markets


  1. All restaurants and food establishments must obtain a license and pass health inspections to assure that the establishment meets food sanitation standards. This applies to all restaurants and also bed and breakfasts.
    You must obtain a license and a plan review before:
    • Opening a new restaurant
    • Remodeling a restaurant
    Please contact us if:
    • There is a change in ownership
    • Changes are made to the menu items
  2. Food Service Plan Review Packet


  1. All hotels, motels and bed and breakfast establishments must be licensed. They also must pass regular health inspections. This applies to any establishments that have sleeping facilities that are to be rented on a daily or weekly basis to travelers or transients for a charge or fee paid for rental or use of facility.
  2. Tourist Application
  3. Travelers' Accommodation Rules
  4. Hotel Food License Flow Chart


  1. A mobile food unit is any vehicle that is self-propelled, or can be pulled or pushed down a sidewalk, street or highway. Food may be prepared on this vehicle, and the vehicle is used to sell and dispense food to the public.
    • Mobile units must be mobile at all times during operation. The unit must be on wheels.
    • The unit, all operations and the equipment must be integral to the unit.
  2. Mobile Unit Plan Review Packet
  3. Mobile Unit Playbook (From Multnomah County)
  4. Mobile Unit Playbook (From Multnomah County) - Español


  1. All public swimming pools and spas must be licensed and pass regular health inspections. This applies to all public pools, spas, wading pools, and similar water recreation sites.

    You must obtain a plan review and license before:
    • Building a new public pool or spa
    • Remodeling a public pool or spa
    Please contact us prior to changing any of the following:
    • Pump
    • Filter
    • Heater
    • Disinfection device.
    Facilities are considered public if they are:
    • Associated with more than 4 housing units (including apartments, condo associations and neighborhood associations)
    • Private clubs
    • Fitness clubs
    • Hotels
    • Motels
    • Schools
    • Commercial concerns or parks
    • Recreation departments
    Types of public pool facilities include:
    • General use - any member of the general public can pay at the door.
    • Limited use - membership, or member guest status, is required for use.
  2. Pool Rules
  3. Pool&Spa Application
  4. Application for Permit to Construct/Alter Pool or Spa
  5. Public Swimming Pool Daily Record Sheet
  6. CPO Training Dates